SMiles Lewis has had a lifelong interest in all things anomalous. An early age proclivity at recalling his nightly dreams as well as several personal experiences with ESP, precognition and dream switching bolstered his interest in the paranormal. Shortly after high-school he joined the local MUFON chapter in Austin, Texas. He would later become a MUFON State Section Director for that group as well as leader of the local UFO Experiencer Support and Study Group. A lover of books, SMiles collected over 1000 titles before founding his own non-profit Anomaly Archives that serves as the lending library of the Scientific Anomaly Institute. For over twenty years he has worked with digital audio, video and other bleeding edge internet technologies. He has published his own print journal, edited a local paranormal newspaper, maintained a large network of websites, organized a national UFO conference, spoken to anthropologists about UFOs and parapsychology, hosted both terrestrial and webradio talk shows and has been podcasting since before the phrase existed. All these efforts and more have led radio talk show host Robert Larson to describe Miles as a "Gonzo Alt-Media Proprietor and Informationalist."
SMiles' current projects include co-hosting 3 different radio shows a week as part of the 18 unique shows airing daily on his ANOMALY RADIO Network. He is active with several local non-profits which includes his service on the board of directors for the Institute for Neuroscience And Consciousness Studies (INACS). He recently launched the new paranormal and parapolitical publication ANOMALY Magazine.
In his day job with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission's Talking Book Program he manages a volunteer recording studio and audio duplication department and has been a consultant on two digital audio development documents for the Library of Congress' National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped.
- "Flying Saucers 101 - MediaMatrix & the Men In Black" at the Human Potential Center, September 26th, 2003.
Whatever the true nature of UFOs, our perception and beliefs about them are influenced by our culture and the media. Many criticize shows like "The X-Files" for mixing truth with bizarre fiction, thus discrediting whatever
elements of truth they might contain. One rare exception to this criticism is
a particular episode of "The X-Files" that deals with some very important
points borrowed from the research of world renowned ufologist (UFO
researcher) Dr. Jacques Vallee.
Join Anomaly Informationalist SMiles Lewis on Friday, September 26 from 7 to 9 pm at The Human Potential Center, when he will lead you on an evening's exploration of the strange realms expertly woven into the infamous episode of "The X-Files," featuring perspective-bending encounters with the Men In
- IONS Austin May 20th, 2003 - "Why Anomaly? Informational Approaches to the Exploration of the Unknown,
Unexplained, and Unidentified."
RARE BACK ISSUES FOR SALE
FEW ISSUES AVAILABLE FOR SALE
MAKE CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS OUT TO:
Miles Lewis, 404 Gate Tree Ln, Austin, Texas, 78745
Please Add $5 Shipping and Handling.
Orders From Outside the United States must add an additional $15.
All funds must be in US Dollars.
When you send us an order, please email us here to let us know you've placed an order: <APTsales@elfis.net>
- Produced & Organized "The Best UFO Conference nEVER!"
The 38th Annual NATIONAL UFO CONFERENCE: 3 Days / 3 Nights of UFO Lectures, Films, Music and More. www.NUFOC.net/nufoc38
Featuring: Robert Anton Wilson, Jenny Randles, Loren Coleman, Diana Palmer Hoyt (NASA), Constance Clear, Karl Pflock, James Moseley, Ed Conroy, Patrick Huyghe, Kenn Thomas, Greg Bishop, James Arthur, Pamela Stonebrooke, Eugenia Macer-Story, Thom Deuley, David Perkins, Mack White and More ...
Began webcasting my show Radio Free Elfis in November of 2000 via Live365.com - interviewed various ParaPeople and reported on paranormal and parapolitical news.
Attended 37th National UFO Conference in Coprus Christi where I announced my hosting of the next NUFOC in Austin, Texas.
- Attended 36th National UFO Conference in San Antonio where I finally met a number of long-time friends face to face whom I'd only previously known via snail mail & email correspondance.
The 1990s ...
- Speaker at the 1995 Society for the Anthropology of Consciousness conference on the Berkeley Campus in sunny California. My talk was titled Encounters with the Fantastic: The Transformative UFO Paradigm.
You can Read It Here or Listen To It Here.
- Publisher and Editor of E.L.F. INFESTED SPACES - "Journal of Possible Paradigms" - now a popular website and dessert topping! www.ELFIS.net
- Discovered the 90s Zine Scene and befriended Wes Nations, editor and publisher of CRASH COLLUSION magazine. Wes introduced me to Greg Bishop and his zine, THE EXCLUDED MIDDLE ... "Weirdness Dissected and Decoded" (www.ExcludedMiddle.com)
- Produced low-budget video demo The Incredible Midnight Movie Massacre with local friends. This is the underground Austin alternative to SLACKER. It's also so bad we don't show it to anyone anymore.
- Library Aide at City of Austin Public Library main branch
1989 - Graduated from Stephen F. Austin High School
The 1980s ...
- Stephen F. Austin High School
- O'Henry Junior High grades 7 & 8
- Pease Elementary School grades 1 - 6
1971 ... Stephen Miles Lewis Born in San Antonio, Texas